Thursday, March 4, 2010

Out of Town

This week I have been out of town for work. Part of my job requires I go out of town to visit with the insured clients in my region. My region covers Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee. I also service western PA and New York because I’m only a couple hours from each. Needless to say, the potential for me to be out of town is high.

This is not as exciting as it seems. One of the hardest parts about it for me is living for a week without my DVR. I cannot believe how my DVR has completely changed the way I watch TV. The beauty of recording something and skipping through the commercials is something to behold. It is way more efficient than a VCR because the remote control allows you to move fluidly through the program with ease and pause and rewind if there are any interruptions. And there are always interruptions. Being forced to watch the commercials and stupid parts of American Idol this week is driving me crazy. I only like to watch the singers singing and Simon’s comments. The rest I blow through in no time at all. I can watch 2 hours of TV in about 45 minutes.

The other part I’m struggling with this week is finding time to work out – especially swimming. The hotel has a decent workout room and I have been using their treadmill and the recumbent bike. But they only have one of each and I have only been able to use it very late in the evening (at least late for me) around 9pm at night. The hotel is booked solid this week so the equipment has been in use nearly every time I went to check. I was hoping working out this late would tire me out. It didn’t. It pretty much had the opposite effect. I was up much later than I wanted to be every night. However, I have to admit, part of that is probably because I’m not sleeping in my own bed. It kinda sucks. I wake up tired, not feeling rested and when I get back to the hotel room all I want to do is take a nap. I don’t, so I grab a bit to eat and then try to work out. After I work out I get a second wind at 10pm when I’m usually asleep and am awake until after midnight. I haven’t been able to work out in the mornings either because the workout room has been packed at that time too.

I really have to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment