Monday, March 15, 2010

Beware the Ides of March

Well, today is the official start to my 26 week training plan that will take me to the finish line at the Rev 3 triathlon. And just like the first day of school and the first day of a new job, there is not a lot going on. In reality – nothing is going on. I thought I’d start the first day of the next six months of my life with a day off from working out.

Well – sort of. It just worked out that my scheduled day of rest every week is Monday. I’ll see how that goes and switch it if I have to. Should be ok. I am just following the training schedule out of my training book. I happen to be one of those people who thrive on routine. I would even go so far as to say that I excel at routine. If my training plan says to take Monday’s off – I take Monday’s off. It throws me out of whack if I have to think about taking Tuesday’s off, even though it really doesn’t matter. If my training plan said to jump on one foot, I’d jump on one foot without question. If my training plan said to juggle bean bags, Id juggle bean bags without question. I probably should ask questions or at least find out why I am doing a certain something, but I don’t. I believe the training book when it says if I follow the plan I will get to the finish line. Sounds good to me.

By the way, there is no meaning to my title. I just liked it. Et tu?

1 comment:

  1. is it really 26 weeks to Rev3, holy crude, thats creeping up fast!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete