Friday, February 5, 2010

Can We Do It? Yes We Can!


When my youngest son, Tommy was 4 or 5 (he is 9 now), my mother in law and his Nana, bought him a two piece towel set that has Bob the Builder on it. He loved it and used it for years – that is until I discovered it was the perfect thickness for a transition towel. So last year, I don’t remember when, I grabbed it out of the closet and stuffed it into my back pack.

When Tommy noticed I was using it, he was a little upset that I stole his towel. But he is a very sensitive soul, wise beyond his years. I have always said he is a 35 year old man trapped in the body of a child. He said he wanted me to have it because he loved me and wanted me to think of him when I’m racing.

The reason I’m talking about this is because Bob the Builder is also a very wise soul. Every time I look at that towel – and it is frequent because I use it at the gym too – I realize he most definitely has the right attitude. Right on the towel for me and everyone to read it says ‘Can We Do It? Yes We Can!’

It has become my mantra and helps especially when I’m have a down day. I do not think I could have picked a better transition towel and will always remember that Tommy gave his beloved towel to me simply because I liked it as much as he did.

1 comment:

  1. That towel is awesome. Such a perfect mantra too.

    Tommy is a smart kid.

    ReplyDelete