Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Medina Twin Sizzler

On July 4th I did the Medina Twin Sizzler. It is a unique race in the area because it is actually 3 separate races that you can mix and match. it is a 5K, a 10 K and 27 mile bike ride. It is a lot of fun and I have my 5K PR on this course. I had never done the bike ride and wanted to get some training in before the picnicking began. So I entered both the 5K and the 27 mi bike ride. Do not be fooled. It is not a biathlon. It is two separate races.

So first I ran the 5K, then about ½ an hour after I finished, I did the bike ride. Now, like I said I PR’d on this run course in 2008, so it is a fast course. However, as my results show, I am apparently faster than I remember. My results show a 25:04. I can assure you I am not that fast. Obviously there was an error of some sort. I remember after the race they kept announcing something like “We cannot do anything about the final results. We are reporting to you the information we were given.” There must have been a lot of mix ups. My finish time was about 11 minutes slower. (I know – lightening).

The bike ride was much better. I managed to average 16.5 mph on the bike and it was somewhat hilly. I really enjoyed it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment